We all have to deal with them constantly when we navigate on the internet. And yes, they’re pretty annoying. But do we really know what we’re doing when we click “Accept”? And what’s the point of these cookies anyways? In this video, I walk us through what cookies really are, why they always pop up, what we’re really ‘consenting’ to, and gives us some tips on how to limit the tracking.
Topics addressed include:
- What are “cookies”?
- What’s the point of cookies? What are they used for?
- Who collects and stores this data?
- When I click “Accept”, what am I accepting exactly?
- How does it affect me?
- How cookies started and how it evolved
- Tips to protect yourself from tracking
Get notified about new posts by email or RSS.